For the past year, McDonald’s has been serving international menu items at its Chicago flagship restaurant. Now visitors to the HQ location can try these new International Menu items from around the world:
- 1955 Burger - This burger from Germany includes a beef patty, seasoned ketchup, grilled onions, bacon, tomatoes, lettuce, and “a special 1955 sauce.”
- Caramel Dipped Cone - Hailing from South Korea, the chocolate, vanilla, or twist soft serve ice cream dipped in a caramel shell topping is the only new dessert item on the International Menu.
- The CBO - It stands for “chicken, bacon, and onion,” and comes to the U.S. from Mickey D’s in France. The sandwich comes with crispy chicken, bacon and pepper-flavored cheese, two half strips of bacon, lettuce, fried onion straws and a special sauce on a square bun topped with toasted onions and sesame seeds.
- Halloumi Muffin - This breakfast sandwich comes from the island of Cyprus and it’s an English muffin with a slice of grilled Halloumi cheese, Roma tomato slices, and lettuce and can be served with or without bacon.
- “I’m Greeking Out” Salad - From our friends in Canada, this salad features a mix of lettuce with sliced cucumbers, red pepper strips, crumbled feta, seasoned couscous, herb and garlic pita chips, and a choice of sliced grilled or crispy chicken and Greek dressing.
- Manhattan Salad - But this one isn’t from NYC, it’s from France. And it’s made with a mix of baby kale, romaine, and spring lettuce topped with grape tomatoes, dried cranberries, sliced apples, and bleu cheese dressing. You can get also get it with sliced grilled or crispy chicken.
- Sweet Potato Fries - This tasty side order is from the Netherlands and if we’re lucky, they’ll make their way to menus across the country.
Source: The Daily Meal