When Hostess tried to bring back their Suzy Q’s in 2016 after discontinuing those cream-filled chocolate sandwiches in 2012, they tried to upgrade them and fans weren’t happy. But Suzy Q lovers are getting another chance because those snack cakes are back on store shelves and they’re back to the original style, but with 50% more cream and cake.
And Suzy Q’s aren’t the only retro snack making a comeback thanks to popular demand. Here are some of our other favorite sweet returns.
- Oreo O’s Cereal - The beloved cookie cereal returned to store shelves with the original recipe last summer.
- French Toast Crunch - Fans of the maple-flavored cereal were sad to see it go when it was discontinued in 2006, but since it’s return it comes in Apple Cinnamon, Strawberry, and Blueberry flavors, too.
- Twix Peanut Butter and Twix White Chocolate - Not only did they launch Dark Chocolate Twix last August, Peanut Butter and White Chocolate varieties made a comeback as well.
- Crispy M&Ms - The 10 years of calls, petitions, and Facebook posts from fans made a difference and in 2014, Mars announced the return of Crispy M&Ms.
- Twinkies - They were originally pulled from stores in November 2012, but the golden snack cake makes its comeback the next year with an extended shelf life of 45 days.