When you’re in love and don’t have kids, Valentine’s Day might involve dinner reservations that were made weeks in advance, a late night on the town, flowers and thoughtful gifts. But once you’re a mom, you celebrate February 14th a little differently. It’s all about making sure your kid has enough Valentine cards for everyone in class, drawing a heart on the note in your child’s lunch, and hopefully remembering to kiss your partner as you run out the door.
So this year, change things up by going old school. We’re talking about bringing back the romance, mamas. Here are some romantic ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day as parents - but these ideas won’t break the bank or require a babysitter.
- Recreate a meal that has sentimental value for you as a couple, like what you ate on your first date or at your wedding.
- Stargaze in the backyard.
- Forget your regular Netflix shows, and watch a classic romantic movie together.
- Order takeout and eat it picnic-style in front of the fireplace.
- Watch your wedding video.
- Send flirty texts all day long.
- Have breakfast in bed for dinner.
- Dance to your song from your wedding.
Find more here: POPSUGAR