Poor guy! A lot of our staff here at Wave 92.7/Wave 93.3 are proud Dachshund owners and we would hate to see something like this happen to ours.
4-Year old, Trevor, out of nowhere started rapidly growing in size like a balloon. His worried owners rushed him to an emergency vet where they found that Trevor had developed a rare injury where his air was escaping his esophagus and becoming trapped under his skin. It happened so rapidly that Trevor was, in fact, blowing up... The vet's did emergency surgery to allow the air to escape the little guy's body and he is doing much better!
Can you imagine if this happened to one of your pets? Poor Trevor went from "Weiner" to "whopper"!
Distended Cheshire dachshund deflated by vets https://t.co/z06LOAAmNC— BBC News (UK) (@BBCNews) May 31, 2018
Source: BBC News