With the recent discovery of Facebook's security breach, users are more worried than ever about how much of their privacy has been jeopardized and are digging deeper into how much Facebook and other social media apps really know about them.
Facebook knows practically everything about it's users from public interactions with friends to private messages to status updates and everything in between. The site also stores a record of every single thing you do on there and here is how you can access that record.
To access your Facebook archive:
- Go to Facebook.com/settings
- Click "Download a Copy of Your Facebook Data"
- Click "Download Archive"
- Facebook will then alert you when your archive is ready
- Click "Download Archive" once more and a zip file of your archive will be available.
- Finally, browse through the archive by opening each file inside the folder.
This archive will, in fact, show you your entire history on Facebook!
Now, you may be wondering why this is important. It can be vital information not because the company has a record of this, but because unauthorized users may also have access to that information as well.
For more details on this story, visit this article on the Palm Beach Post.