Just one more reason you have to love Coach Ted Lasso - Yes, the fictional character from the Emmy Award winning Apple TV hit series "Ted Lasso."
The FIFA 2022 World Cup kicks off November 20 and the U.S. Mens National Team is getting some individual motivation from the famous coach, played by Jason Sudeikis.
Billboards began popping up in the hometowns of each player on the team with individual messages signed "Ted Lasso." They appeared in San Diego, Seattle, Pico Rivera, Calif. and even Bergen County, N.J.
The official Ted Lasso Twitter account even posted: "Like most M. Night completists, I believe in signs. Go get ‘em, boys!" (If you haven't seen the show, Coach Lasso has a sign that says "Believe" above his office door to remind his players to not give up)
The USMNT will play its first game on Nov. 21 at 2 p.m. ET against Wales.
Game 2 will be a battle against England on Nov. 25 at 2 p.m. ET and Game 3 will be against Iran on Nov. 29 at 2 p.m. ET.
Here are all 26 players who will be suiting up for the USMNT:
- Matt Turner, Arsenal
- Sean Johnson, NYCFC
- Ethan Horvath, Luton Town
- RB/LB Sergino Dest, AC Milan
- CB Walker Zimmerman, Nashville
- RB DeAndre Yedlin, Inter Miami
- LB Antonee Robinson, Fulham
- CB Tim Ream, Fulham
- RB/LB Joe Scally, Monchengladbach
- RB Shaq Moore, Nashville
- CB Cameron Carter-Vickers, Celtic
- CB Aaron Long, New York Red Bulls
- CAM/CM Brenden Aaronson, Leeds United
- CDM Kellyn Acosta, LAFC
- CDM Tyler Adams, Leeds United
- CM Luca De La Torre, Celta Vigo
- CM Weston McKinnie, Juventus
- CM Yunus Musah, Valencia
- CAM/CM Cristian Roldan, Seattle Sounders
- LW Christian Pulisic, Chelsea
- CF Jesus Ferreira, FC Dallas
- LW Jordan Morris, Seattle Sounders
- LW/RW Gio Reyna, Borussia Dortmund
- ST Josh Sargent, Norwich City
- RW/LW Tim Weah, LOSC Lille
- ST Haji Wright, Antalyaspor