Sure, you go to the mall to shop, but you know you’ll be stopping for coffee, snacks, or lunch while you’re there. And a good food court can make or break a shopping experience, so here’s a list of the best food courts in the country, according to The Daily Meal, based on cleanliness and how likely people were to return to them.
- California: Westfield San Francisco Centre, San Francisco - With classics like Auntie Anne’s and a whole level dedicated to upscale dining, they have it all.
- Colorado: FlatIron Crossing, Broomfield - This mall is known for being ultra clean and having many dining options, including CPK, P.F. Changs and Village Tavern.
- Florida: Aventura Mall, Aventura - The biggest mall in Florida has nearly three-million square feet of stores and restaurants, and their food court has 18 different dining options.
- Georgia: Lenox Square Mall, Atlanta - For high-end shopping and a great food court, head to Lenox. They even have a Sprinkles Cupcakes ATM!
- Illinois: Water Tower Place Dining, Chicago - Take a break from upscale shopping at American Girl Café or Freshii at this mall located just a few blocks from Lake Michigan.
- Minnesota: Mall of America, Bloomington - Being the biggest mall in the country, you know they’ve got a good food court.
- New Jersey: Westfield Garden State Plaza, Paramus - Here you can fill your belly at all kinds of restaurants including Shake Shack, sushi bars, and Bar Louie.
- New York: New World Mall Food Court, New York City - The big attraction here is the East Asian food ranging from ramen to bento boxes to Vietnamese food.
Check out the entire list of the best food courts at malls in each state here.